Read more...Open or Close
Mountain villages and hamlets
The village of Monal - Listed site in Haute Tarentaise :
The village of Monal is a listed site, due to its great architectural, historical and landscape interest. This is accessible on foot by a forest path from the resort of Sainte Foy Tarentaise.
This beautiful little village in Haute-Tarentaise located at 1,874 meters above sea level facing the glaciers of Mont Pourri, is built in a ledge surrounded by larches.
This village, most of which dates back to the 18th and 19th centuries, has a chapel (Saint Clair), as well as old milk cellars which at the time allowed milk to be refrigerated for storage.
While contemplating this magnificent village, one has the impression that time has stopped.
The Village of Lescun - Pyrenees :
The small village of Lescun located in the circus of the same name is at an altitude of about 870 meters, the cirque of Lescun, is dotted with magnificent peaks:
- Aiguilles d’Ansabère,
- Pic d'Anie,
- Table des trois rois.
The Village of Saint Véran - Queyras Haute Alps :
Saint-Véran is the highest municipality in Europe, that is to say a village still comprising a school, a town hall, and a church. Perched at an altitude of 2,042 meters, measured at the steps of the current town hall, the village of Saint Véran enjoys a dry and sunny climate, surrounded by mountains reaching more than 3,000 meters.
The Village of Bonneval sur Arc - Haute Maurienne Alps :
Bonneval sur Arc is the last witness village of authentic mountain habitat. It is the highest village in the Maurienne valley, this rural high-mountain town is located at an altitude of 1850 meters, at the top of the Maurienne valley, on the edge of the Vanoise National Park, and nestles at the foot of the Col de l'Iseran, perched at 2,764 meters.
The Village of Bellecoste - Mont Lozere :
Bellecoste is a ruined village in Mont Lozere. Bellecoste is located in the town of Pont-de-Montvert at an altitude of 1372 meters. The village is made up of old granite houses that some owners strive to restore while respecting the original architecture. This village is located in the Cévennes National Park, about six kilometers from the Mas de la Barque.