Welcome to the site "Montagne et Nature".
This site has for only ambition to make you share my passion for the photography which I practise for several years. I am an amateurish photographer with a passion for nature and hiking. For me the hike is inseparable of the photo. Nature is the one that gives me inspiration, and the photo has taught me and developed my sense of observation, and ask a different view of what surrounds us.
I live in a neighbouring village of Nimes, in a region between sea and mountains close to two parks; "Camargue Regional Park" and "the Cevennes National Park".
The Cevennes which I like particularly is in about sixty kilometers, the Mount-Lozère in hundred of kilometers; the Camargue when to her is in about forty kilometers from Nimes. This thus allows me to organize my escapades and my hikes on a day.
I make of the photo since the age of 20 years, my first camera was a Zenit SLR (at this period, the Nikon F was not in my means). I continue from time to time to photograph in argentic with a big format Mamiya RB67, I use mainly of the slide " Provia 100F, for his neutrality. I practiced during several years the black and white lab, the emergence of the images under the safelight, has for me always something magical... I thus have a former argentic culture.
For some time, with more freedom, I devote myself to wildlife photography, indeed this discipline requires a lot of time on the field, and perseverance. The Camargue near to Nimes, stays a ground of preference for this type of photo, in particular for birds.
This site will evolve over the course of my hikes and my favorites. I wish wholeheartedly that my images bring you so much enjoyment as the one that I had to realize them.
This site is dedicated to the beauty of Nature, and to all her lovers. Good ride in picture, good visit, and Thank you for your passage.
A photo published in the magazine NatImage n° 52 of October/November 2018, in the rubric "les coups de pouce de la Rédac".
A photo published in the magazine NatImage n° 62 de June/July 2020, in the rubric "les coups de pouce de la Rédac".
Exhibition at the Photographic Animal and Nature Meetings 2019.
The Animal and Nature Photographic Meetings 2019 of Saint Martin de Crau are sponsored this year by two talented photographers : Eric EGEA et David TATIN.
The House of Hunting and Nature, the Crau Ecomuseum and the Vigueirat marshes have teamed up this year to organize "les Rencontres Photographiques Animalières et de Nature 2019".
Exhibition at the Scamandre Discovery Center.
This free exhibition on the theme "The Birds of the Camargue", takes place at the Scamandre Discovery Center's home from 1st to 29th February 2020.
The Discovery Center of Scamandre is located Road des Iscles - Gallician 30600 VAUVERT. It is open from Tuesday to Saturday, excluding holidays, from 9am. at 18 o'clock.
On a site of 215 ha, southwest of the pond of Scamandre, the discovery center organizes environmental awareness activities for all audiences, and allows visitors to browse the circles dedicated to the preservation of the environment fauna and flora.
Intellectual Property :
Site Content "Montagne et Nature" stays the property of his author. Under the Code of Intellectual Property, any reproduction in whole or in part without the written consent of the author, is prohibited (Art. L122-4 of the Code of Intellectual Property).
This site contains links to other websites not controlled by us. These links have been selected and most have a common theme with the site "Montagne et Nature." However, "Montagne et Nature" disclaims any responsibility for the content, the evolution of their contents and the practices of these sites. The existence of such links to other sites may be induced as "Montagne et Nature" it endorse this sites.
The trademarks mentioned are belong to their owners or their respective companies.
"Montagne et Nature Nature" authorizes the creation of a hypertext link to its site and its contents, provided that the link is accessible: by opening a new window or tab, that the link point to the homepage of the website : www.montagne-et-nature.fr.
In all cases, permission does not apply to websites providing information of a controversial, pornographic, xenophobic or which may affect the sensitivity of the people.
The existence of links from other sites, can be induced that "Montagne et Nature" it endorse the sites or approves their content.
reCAPTCHA : To protect your requests via the Internet form, we use the reCAPTCHA service from Google Inc. (Google). The query is used to distinguish whether the entry is made by a human or abusive by automated mechanical processing. The request includes sending the IP address and any other data required by Google for the reCAPTCHA service to Google. To this end, your contribution will be transmitted to Google and used there. However, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within the Member States of the European Union or in other Contracting States of the Agreement on the European Economic Area, and will therefore be anonymous. In exceptional cases, the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to assess your use of this service. The IP address sent by your browser as part of reCaptcha will not be merged with other data provided by Google. This data is subject to Google’s privacy policies.
For more information on Google’s privacy policies, see the page https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
By using the reCAPTCHA service, you consent to the processing of data concerning you by Google, in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
The galleries show photographs of free animals. They are photographed in their natural environment. These photographs are performed in affut, observatory or approach without disturbing them. The approach and observation of animals must be made by avoiding any inconvenience which would be likely to disturb their tranquility. One must know to renounce a photograph that may cause harmful disturbance. Likee, know, respect, are the rules to be applied ...
Some rare pictures of animals in captivity are listed on the site; for information, this tag appears on the photo for information.
The digital technology revolutionized the photography, but many amateurish photographers feel out of the race when it is about digital post-treatment. He is not as well difficult as we could believe it to realize a constant production of images of professional quality... "read more".
Photo equipment used...
I'm currently using two cameras, a Nikon D4 with full-size sensor 24x36, and a Nikon D500 with smaller sensor at the coefficient 1.5x, and various optical ranging from 16mm to 500mm, some associated with TC14EIII converter. The full frame sensor provides beautiful background blur more attractive in many cases. The 500 mm stabilized is my favorite lens for wildlife photography. I also use a monopod, as well as a Gitzo foot with a pendular ball "Winberley" for the comfort of use with the 500mm.
Camera and Lens:
Post processing :
- Photographier, c'est mettre dans la même ligne de mire la tête, l'oeill et le coeur. - Henri Cartier-Bresson- Photographe Français
- La composition doit être une de nos préoccupations constantes, mais au moment de photographier elle ne peut être qu'intuitive, car nous sommes aux prises avec des instants fugitifs où les rapports sont mouvants. - Henri Cartier-Bresson - L'Imaginaire d'après nature (1996), L'instant décisif.
- La technique ne doit pas être le souci principal du photographe, Quand il a la certitude de la bien posséder, il doit non la perdre mais l'oublier. - André Thévenet - Photographe portraitiste.
- J'affirme que, sans amour, on ne peut pas prendre de vraie photo. Moi, si j'aimais une seule et unique personne, je passerais ma vie à la photographier. - Hitonari Tsuji
- La Terre n’appartient pas à l’homme, c’est l’homme qui appartient à la Terre. - Sitting Bull- Chef indien d'Amérique du Nord.
- Nous n'héritons pas la terre de nos ancêtres, nous l'empruntons à nos enfants. - Antoine de Saint Exupéry - Ecrivain poète et aviateur français (Cette sitation serait un proverbe d'origine Africaine.)
- Le moment d'un paysage est aussi unique que celui d'un portrait, et souvent le photographe n'y est pour rien, sinon qu'il a été là au moment où il le fallait. Ensuite l'image vivra sa vie, enrichie par l'imaginaire de ceux qui la regarderont et par la nostalgie de celui qui l'a faite. - Jean Loup Sieff - Photographe Français.
- Il faut aimer la solitude pour être photographe. - Raymond Depardon - Photographe Français.
- Une photographie, c'est un fragment de temps qui ne reviendra pas. - Martine Frank - Photographe Belge.
- L'appareil-photo est un instrument qui enseigne aux gens comment voir sans appareil-photo. - Dorothea Lange - Photographe Américaine.
- La photographie est avant tout, pour moi, la rencontre, la découverte, l’apprentissage d’autres mondes, Et le partage. C’est parce que ce métier est avant tout humain qu’il me passionne. - Eric Valli - Photographe Français
- La belle image, c'est une géométrie modulée par le coeur. - Willy Ronis - Photographe Français.
- Le monde s'use, les clichés s'usent, notre regard lui ne s'use pas.» Edouard Boubat - Photographe Français.
- Mon pied droit est jaloux de mon pied gauche . Quand l'un avance, l'autre veut le dépasser . Et moi, comme un imbécile , je marche ! - Raymond Devos - Humoriste.
and finally to finish a quotation which applies well to wildlife photography :
- Don't put away your camera before you get home.. - Joe McNally - American photographer.