Massif of EcrinsOpen or Close
The Ecrins National Park was created in 1973, is the largest national park in France. It covers an area of high mountain peaks whose beauty is known worldwide and is a delight for climbers around the world. More than 100 peaks over 3,000 meters. It is a region of high mountains, with peaks of around 4,000 meters.
- Grand Pic de la Meije : 3 983 mètres
- Barre des Écrins : 4 102 mètres
- Dôme de Neige des Écrins : 4 015 mètres
- L'Ailefroide : 3 954 mètres
- Mont Pelvoux : 3 943 mètres
- Pic Sans Nom : 3 913 mètres
- Pic Coolidge : 3 775 mètres
- Roche Faurio : 3 730 mètres
- Montagne des Agneaux : 3 664 mètres
- Pic de Neige Cordier : 3 614 mètres
The White glacier, and his brother the Black glacier lies at the foot of high mountains with the Barre des Ecrins is one of the most beautiful sites. The White glacier starts at 4102 m altitude at the foot of the Ecrins bar to finish his race to 2300 m above sea level near the Refuge of White glacier. This is the largest glacier of the Massif des Ecrins with the 5 km long. These two glaciers came together again in 1815.