Read more...Open or Close
The Camargue Mas is located in the upper Tarn valley, in the central region of the Cevennes National Park. The current buildings were built between 1885 and 1887, this former farmhouse is a witness of agriculture of the last century. However the architecture of three levels do not correspond to the classical model in a mountainous area at an altitude as high.
Archival documents of the fifteenth century relate that this area belongs to the lord of doors. At the end of the nineteenth century, peasants of Mount Lozère become owners. Victim of its isolation and the evolution of agriculture, farm, despite its advanced technology and its beautiful home, was abandoned at the end of the First World War.
Tarn rises near this magnificent Mas, in a entire peatland.
This beautiful architectural complex now houses the information center seasonal Cevennes National Park. This is the starting point of a trail.
The Causses and Cevennes property was inscribed on the World Heritage List in 2011 under the Convention concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage as a Mediterranean agro-pastoral cultural landscape.